Sometimes you've got to make an impression with dinner guests. Nothing quite does it like these mushroom parcels. I serve them still bundled up, so that each person can pull on the string and discover the fresh, fragrant smell of wild mushrooms.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200g button mushrooms
- 300g mixed wild mushrooms
- 2 tbsp sunflower or olive oil
- 6 tbsp cream (I use soy cream)
- 3 tbsp red wine
- Fresh bunch of coriander, thyme and rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Place both the portions of mushrooms, into a mixing bowl, carefully cutting any of the large ones into halves or quarters.
- In your mushroom mix, add the oil, cream, red wine, fresh herbs, and season to taste.
- Gently mix the ingredients together using your hands, taking care not to break any of the mushrooms.
- Split the mix into 4 or 5 portions and place them into 35cm squares of baking paper, and bow them with coarse string.
- Cook in the oven for 17 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Serve warm and whilst still wrapped, allowing each person to open their own parcel.
This pairs nicely with a red or white wine, seasoned + steamed rice, and fresh beans.