Noodles, tofu, breaded food - what's not to love!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 block of tofu
- 2 limes
- 60g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 35g flour
- 1 egg
- Press your tofu to drain of moisture for 30 minutes then cut into cubes.
- Put the zest of the limes, the panko breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, and salt into a bowl and gently combine.
- Put each piece of tofu into the flour, then the beaten egg, before the breadcrumb mixture (do this individually for the best results).
- Heat some oil on a medium heat in a deep frying pan, spread the tofu out when the oil is hot; turning regularly but carefully as to not disturb or break the breadcrumb covering. You're after a crisp, golden brown colour on all sides. If it goes black quickly, your pan is too hot.
- Drain the completed tofu on some kitchen paper.
- Top onto a noodle or rice stir fry, dress with rice vinegar and lime juice to taste.