Who else loves a Sunday roast? I think one of the better accompaniments to a good roast is a Portobello mushroom. Here's how I do mine
Ingredients (per person)
- Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 a sprig of fresh thyme
- 1/2 a sprig of fresh rosemary
- A touch of olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the oven from anywhere between 180 to 220 C (depending on your other roast veg). 180 gives a nice tender mushroom.
- Prepare the mushrooms by rinsing any dirt and trimming any especially long stalks.
- Place your mushrooms into baking dishes, add a crushed clove of garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper, and some fresh thyme and rosemary into the middles and drizzle with oil.
- Cover with foil, and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and crack an egg into the middle of each mushroom. (It might slip off, like it did for me 🙈).
- Place back in the oven for a further 7 to 10 minutes, until the egg is cooked.
- Serve with your other favourite roast veggies.