- Lightly fry the onion in a saucepan until it starts to brown.
- Crush and add the garlic cloves, cook for a further minute.
- Add the spices and a little bit of ketchup. Mix this over a low heat until nicely combined and the onion mix is coated.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook until slightly browned on the sides.
- Pour the lentils into the pan followed by the vegetable stock, which should cover the contents of the pan.
- Stir well, bring to the boil, then lower the temperature to a simmer and cover for 20-25 minutes.
This pairs nicely with rice, chapatis or naan bread. I like to serve it with some mango juice and avocado.