Sticky tofu noodles! Indy's favourite dish 😉
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 block of tofu
- 1 tbsp coconut, sesame, or sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp coriander
- Black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- Optionally, press your block of tofu for 30+ minutes between a chopping board and some books (or a heavy casserole dish).
- Cut the tofu into cubes.
- Start to lightly fry in some coconut, sesame, or sunflower oil, turning to brown and crisp all the sides taking care not to break any.
- When pale brown, pour over your dressing of soy sauce, honey, ginger, coriander, a generous grind of black pepper, and crushed garlic (Fun fact, you can switch the soy and honey for 4 tbsp of sweet Indonesian soy sauce for a vegan/easier option).
- Continue to cook for a further three minutes whilst the sauce / dressing thickens and becomes nice and sticky.
- Enjoy topped with sesame seeds and with stir fried egg noodles and vegetables.